Control of Product and Service Provision requires your organization to control the manner in which products are produced and the services provided. You should seek and record evidence that your organization has controlled the conditions by which products or services are provided, ensuring that:
It is not a mandatory requirement to document your production and service provision process. However, you should always look to adequately define and control any operational processes that directly impact upon product quality. Therefore, the implementation of a production and service provision procedure will be appropriate to most businesses where such activities are undertaken.
Develop and implement a procedure that defines:
We provide a Process Control Procedure template to help you manage this process in many of our ISO Templates.
The effectiveness of the production and service provision may be evaluated by reviewing all elements of process and by looking for evidence that all activities are planned and conducted under controlled conditions.
ISO 9001 Clauses - DO
- 7 Support
- 7.1 Resources
- Human Resources
- 7.2 Competence
- 7.3 Awareness<
- 7.4 Communication
- 7.5 Documented information
- 8 Operation
- 8.1 Operational planning and control
- 8.2 Requirements for products and services
- 8.3 Design and development of products and services
- 8.4 Control of externally provided processes, products and services
- 8.5 Product and service provision
- 8.6 Release of products and services
- 8.7 Control of nonconforming outputs